Pharmaceutical giant Mundipharma is a global network with a presence in over 120 countries, employing over 9k people and generating annual revenues in excess of $3.4 billion. Their mission is to identify and accelerate the development of meaningful medicines in the therapeutic areas of respiratory, oncology and biosimilars.
Mundipharma required an experienced design partner to deliver innovative and on-brand digital experiences, and most importantly a proactive and highly responsive support team to be on hand due to the demands in this highly regulated sector.
Consolidation was one of the key drivers to decided to work with Granite 5, our experience working with the WordPress Multisite platform being hugely important in helping to bring together a number of sites into a single platform.
The first website we delivered was to support a global recruitment drive during a period of rapid growth, and included embracing the latest digital tools and techniques to provide a rich user experience.
increase in page views per sessions
decrease in bounce rate
increase in repeat visits
After the initial corporate site build, we embarked on a series of phased improvements before creating a master template, which is rolled out as the foundation for other businesses and business units within the Mundipharma network.
This process involved accessibility and usability enhancements including changes to the navigation, structure, code hierarchy, type and colour palette. Some functionality has been improved to provide better control, and others removed to help achieve better brand consistency.
The template is carefully managed within version control to help with feature releases, maintenance and support.
Our full stack of services and expertise has been delivered to Mundipharma since our relationship began including:
- Planning and strategy
- Responsive website design
- WordPress development and WP Multisite setup
- Systems integration
- Plugin development
- Accessibility enhancements
- Search engine optimisation (technical)
- Performance and security optimisation
- Hosting, backup and 24/7 monitoring
- Sitecare technical support and maintenance.
Highlight: Bespoke customisation
The core template is used on several sites and is fundamentally the same, however each site has a degree of customisation to deliver specific features:
- Clinical trials tool which is integrated with Google maps and used by the public and health care professionals (HCP’s) to find relevant trials and application criteria.
- HCP gated content which asks for users to confirm they’ve read and understood some legal info before gaining access to more in depth details.
- Advanced search, filter and sort options helping provide a good UX.