Jobs at Granite5
Come and join an ambitious digital agency based on the Herts/Cambs boarder – just 20 minutes from Cambridge and 10 minutes from Royston.
Midweight PHP web developer
We’re looking for a Midweight/Junior Web developer to join our team of four in-house developers to expand our capacity and skill-set.
The role is full-time and based at our offices in South Cambridgeshire, just north of Royston. Ideally we’re looking for a strong back-end developer but somebody with good front-end skills also, 70/30 split roughly.
The successful Web Developer will develop custom, often complex WordPress-based solutions along with PHP framework-based solutions; help sales staff and project/account managers in requirement gathering, web project planning, and general technical questions; provide leadership in finding/developing new technologies and methods to advance the company’s web offerings; help other developers with system design and implementation; perform server maintenance and monitoring; support current client websites by providing technical support; support the in-house digital marketing and SEO experts with practical advice and recommendations.
- Strong understanding of PHP (OOP) back-end development
- Knowledge of PHP frameworks Symfony and/or Laravel
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
- Knowledge of change control systems
- Experience with Git
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of WordPress and Woocommerce.
- Developing custom web applications
- Managing and processing data
- API, CRM, shop integration
- Scoping projects
- Integrating sliced PSD files (usually already converted to HTML/CSS) into either WordPress or some other proven open source system (note: WordPress is our primary CMS platform); all our builds are responsive
- Setting up e-commerce applications including Woocommerce
- Monitoring health and uptime of servers (general server admin in a managed services environment; no in-depth configuration required)
- Collaborating with design, strategy and sales teams to find solutions for client website projects
- Contributing to support of current client websites
- At least 4 years development experience
- An excellent communicator and collaborator
- Able to organise and run meetings, leaving with clear objectives and tasks
- Comfortable talking with clients (via phone, email and in person)
- Capable of hitting daily deadlines
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Keen ability to multi-task; self-starter
- Capable planner
Examples of projects the Developer will work on:
- CRM integration
- Content migration and import scripts
- Integrating with third-party APIs
- Integrating feeds from social networks
- Setting up multi-site WordPress builds
- Building and styling Advanced Custom Fields plugin
- Customising WordPress to support specific functionality
- Integrating shopping carts
- Building out responsive layouts
- Developing new plugins for WordPress
- Developing documentation for complex systems
- Front-end development
- Reports To: Head of Project Delivery
- Compensation: Based on experience and skill-set
- Bonus Scheme: The company offer all employees a company bonus scheme which can pay up to an additional 10% on basic salary
You could benefit from:
- Great pay and generous bonus scheme
- Continued training and development – we believe in investing in our staff
- Being part of a loyal expanding friendly team
- Flexible working hours and the best work life balance of any local agency
- An easy commute with no Cambridge rush hour traffic and plenty of free parking.
To make an application for one of the roles please email firstname.lastname@example.org attaching your CV, a link to your LinkedIn profile and your salary expectations.
No agencies at this stage please but check back soon in case this changes (Last updated 14th May 2018).