We’re recruiting for a Full Stack Developer
Do you like fresh fruit, proper coffee and the occasional guilty biscuit?
Are you looking to join an established digital agency as a full stack / backend PHP developer?
So, if you are conscientious, systematic and excited about working on projects that you are proud of you could look forward to:
- Fresh fruit, proper coffee, soft drinks and the company biscuit barrel
- Joining the inhouse table football games and company walks, we understand that you can’t sit and look at a screen all day!
- Team lunches, meals and other fun events such as punting
- Continued training and professional development. We encourage you to attend conferences and find training opportunities / courses that would develop you as a person
- Flexible working hours, we appreciate we all need a work life balance.
- Progression and promotion opportunities, in fact this developer role has been created due to an internal promotion
- Oh yes …and great pay and generous bonus scheme
At Granite 5 we are expanding and have a vacancy in our awesome dev team. This is a key role within the company because delivering great web projects is the core of what we do.
We need someone who can:
- Develop custom, often complex WordPress-based and PHP framework-based solutions.
- Provide leadership in findingand developing new technologies, and methods to advance our web offerings.
- Help other developers with system design and implementation to achieve better outcomes for our customers
- Great knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
- Content/data migrations, scripting, database management and manipulation
- Knowledge of PHP frameworks, preferably Laravel
- Strong understanding of object-orientated PHP (OOP) back-end development
- Advanced knowledge of WordPress
- Knowledge of change control systems, preferably Git and Git Flow
- Knowledge of VueJS, SCSS
- Comfortable with frameworks such as Bootstrap and Tailwind
You will be able to think “outside the box”, explore new technologies and bring your own ideas to help make every project a success.
Ideally you will have 4 years’ experience and a sense of humour is essential to work with this fun bunch of people!
We are based near Cambridge, 15 minutes from Junction 12 of the M11 and within easy commute from: Royston, Huntingdon, St Neots, St Ives, Biggleswade, Bishop Stortford and Stevenage.
We work in a beautiful rural location and we have plenty of free parking.
The salary is £35K – £45K depending on your experience and skill set.
We also offer all employees a bonus scheme which can pay up to an additional 10% on top of your basic salary.
We would love to hear from you if you are keen to be part of a dynamic customer focused team and want to push yourself and the company to the next level.
We are recruiting directly for this role and the application process starts by sending us your CV. Chosen candidates will have an informal phone call before being invited to meet the team and have a face to face interview.