Are you the full-time PHP web developer we are looking for?
2 min read
Are you organised, precise, systematic, and focused on delivering great websites and digital projects to a high standard?
If so you could look forward to:
- Great pay and generous bonus scheme
- Continued training and development – we believe in investing in our staff
- Being part of a loyal, expanding and friendly team
- Flexible working hours and the best work-life balance of any local agency
- An easy commute with no Cambridge rush-hour traffic and plenty of free parking
Granite 5 Ltd is an award-winning digital marketing agency established in 1999. We are looking for a junior or midweight web developer to join our team of in-house developers to expand our capacity and skillset. The role is full-time and based at our offices in South Cambridgeshire, just north of Royston.
The successful candidate will develop custom, often complex and usually WordPress-based solutions along with PHP framework-based solutions; Aid sales staff and project/account managers in requirement gathering, web project planning, and general technical questions; Provide leadership in finding/developing new technologies and methods to advance the company’s web offerings; Help other developers with system design and implementation; Perform basic server maintenance and monitoring; Support current client websites by providing technical support; and Support our in-house digital marketing and SEO experts with practical advice and recommendations.
Skills and requirements
- Great knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
- Content/data migrations, scripting, database management and manipulation
- CLI experience
- Knowledge of PHP frameworks, particularly Laravel
- Strong understanding of object-orientated PHP (OOP) back-end development
- Advanced knowledge of WordPress
- Knowledge of change control systems, preferably Git and Git Flow
- Server setup and administration
- DNS management and seamless domain migrations.
- Good knowledge of VueJS, SCSS
- Comfortable with frameworks such as Bootstrap and Tailwind.
- Contributing to “scope of build” conversations with development team, project managers, designers, and other developers
- Integrating visuals into either WordPress or some other proven open source system (note: WordPress is our primary CMS platform); all our builds are responsive
- Developing custom web applications that drive business processes
- Setting up e-commerce applications including WooCommerce
- Monitoring health and uptime of servers (general server admin in a managed services environment; no in-depth configuration required)
- Collaborating with design, strategy and sales teams to find solutions for client website projects
- Contributing to support of current client websites
- Participating in regular company-wide and team meetings
- On-site and off-site client meeting.
- At least 4 years’ development experience
- An excellent communicator and collaborator
- Able to organize and run meetings, leaving with clear objectives and tasks
- Comfortable talking with clients (via phone, email and in person)
- Capable of hitting daily deadlines
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Keen ability to multi-task; self-starter
- Capable planner
- A strong vocabulary
- Sense of humour.
Examples of projects
- Setting up WordPress builds
- Building and styling Advanced Custom Fields plugin
- Integrating feeds from social networks and with third-party APIs
- Customizing WordPress to support specific functionality
- Integrating shopping carts
- Building out responsive layouts
- CRM integration
- Developing new plugins for WordPress
- Creating great documentation for complex systems
- Developing Laravel based projects.
Head of Project Delivery.
Between £30k and £40k based on experience.
Granite 5 offer all employees a company bonus scheme which can pay up to an additional 10% on basic salary.
Please send your CV and LinkedIn URL to [email protected]
No agencies please