Raising the profile and income for local membership organisation
The Hawks’ Club has been in existence since 1872, and represents the best sportsmen in the University of Cambridge. Membership is by election only and only for those that have taken part in a match or race against Oxford in his particular sport. In 2017 The Hawks’ Charitable Trust made bursary Awards to applicants from over 40 sports and 30 Colleges.
The primary objective of a new website was to raise the profile of the organisation amongst it’s current members, university sportsmen, key influencers and the University and to;
- Communicate effectively with members
- Encourage members to book events
- Sell merchandise online
- Increase donations.
With a new modern and accessible design which reflects the unique nature of the club, we created a new website using the WordPress content management system, and integrated this with the Salesforce CRM which we proposed (because of its 10 free licenses for non-profits). Membership data is now safely stored in a centralised location and enables more effective management.
A members-only password protected area of the site is one of the key features offering many services including enabling members to communicate with one another and to purchase branded clothing and accessories online via an ecommerce store.
We developed an online event management function to display an event calendar and to handle the bookings and management of a busy events schedule.
Jonathan Dickins – Club Secretary, Hawks Club
- A powerful fully integrated CRM system fully managed in-house
- Advanced membership reporting
- Improved member communication
- Increased merchandise sales
- Event bookings increased significantly
- On and offline donations increased.
- Bespoke website design
- WordPress development
- Salesforce integration
- Ecommerce and payment gateway setup
- Membership portal with communication channels
- Event management and booking.