Membership portal for local chambers
Cambridgeshire Chambers of Commerce
Cambridgeshire Chambers of Commerce is a business membership organisation providing networking events and cost-saving benefits to businesses in Cambridge, Ely, Fenland, Huntingdonshire and Peterborough.
We won a competitive 5-way pitch to deliver this highly bespoke and feature rich new interactive website, with a tight schedule and no-fail deadline.
There were a range of objectives for this project including;
- Provision of easy to use CMS
- Improve member communication
- Clearer messaging
- Professional presentation of the organisation
- Member database consolidation and integration
- Increase event registration
The new site was custom designed and built, harnessing Granite 5’s specialised database development skills.
It had to link to an existing member database, run by a third party, and also offer additional interactive functionality, allowing users to book online for events and training courses; edit their business listings; and submit news items, offers and events for the website.
The site’s extensive content also got a fresh look, as well as additional inter-linking layers of content spanning the five individual Chambers, an exclusive members’ area, and sections for a wide-ranging news hub, events & networking, and exporting and international trade.
Emily Dawson – Operations Manager, Cambridgeshire Chambers of Commerce
User journey planning
Understanding the different types of visitors to the site, what motivates them, and what they need from their visit enables us to deliver clear targetting signposting.
John Bridge, CEO, Cambridgeshire Chambers of Commerce
- Website design
- Bespoke development
- 3rd party integration
- Membership portal
- Raised the brand profile of the Chamber across Cambridgeshire
- Increased the value to existing members
- Improved the usability throughout
- Return visits & sign ups increased significantly
- Provided greater accessibility through a mobile responsive design.